- Watching my golden retriever sleep, and wondering what he’s dreaming about in that little “doggie mind”.
- Paris – I believe I was Parisian in a different life…perhaps in the 1800’s.
- My mom. She was my heart and soul, and I miss her each and every day.
- To make people feel special.
- College – it’s simply the most fun you will ever have in your life (until you get married and have kids!).
- Having long talks with my father, and still getting his advice.
- Working an incredible event.
- Shopping and collecting antiques and art, from small out-of-the-way little shops that you only find once.
- Eating warm croissants, and having the flakes fall all over my clothes, while walking the streets of Paris.
- Walking my dog during a rare snowfall in Dallas.
- Planning beautiful weddings and events. It is my passion. Nothing feels better than helping people make their visions and dreams come true!
Sue Kelson has planned weddings, events, and golf tournaments in Dallas and Houston for 30 years. She graduated from the University of Houston’s Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, is a Certified Wedding Planner, and a member of AACWP – American Association of Certified Wedding Planners.
The Joys of my Life
- I’m always looking for a reason to celebrate or throw the next most talked about soiree of the season.
- When I’m not trying to win the mom of the year award I’m an avid kayaker, always ready for sunshine and water.
- I never need an excuse to head on down to New Orleans. I am in love with the music, culture, architecture, food, and the beautiful people of the city. My heart is never far from it.
- Music is life. I love belting out everything from Broadway hits to the classic folk rock music I grew up with, and everything in between.
- I studied Cultural Anthropology at UTA because I just love people and the beautiful tapestry we all make together. South and Central America have been where most of my travels and studies have been focused. Trying to fill up that passport!
- Mr. Bean is my hero! British comedy is by far the best!
- I’m not from the South but my taste buds say otherwise. Fried Chicken, Mac ‘n Cheese, buttermilk pie, and sweet tea is how I describe heaven.
- Frida Kahlo. Enough said.
- And last but not least, my two amazing kiddos. They are why I do what I do every day and the #1 Joys of my life.
Brittney started her career in hospitality in 2002 working as a pastry chef and expanded into coordinating events in 2010. She has worked for the Grand Hyatt, Wyndham Hotels, Omni Hotels, and Magnolia Hotels. Brittney began working as a Lead Planner for Sue Kelson Events in 2015. She thrives working in a fast paced environment and thinks quickly on her feet, which makes her a perfect fit for planning weddings!